On Wednesday, I took both Joel and Nora to the doctor for their two-year and two-month checkups. Both kids are doing great with growth and development, but what was more interesting was what happened to us on the way to the doctor......
When Joel woke up on Wednesday morning, he immediately began vomiting. I wasn't sure at that time if he just ate something funny or what the deal was, but by the time we got ready to leave for the doctor, he had vomited twice. I decided to take him anyway (after all, who is too sick to go to the doctor???) and see what the problem was. I immediately regretted my decision. We were no further than two blocks from our house and he vomited in the car. Yuck. At this point, I called the doctor to reschedule but was informed that if I cancelled, the kids could not get in until April! Frustrated, I decided to brave the car ride and go anyway. Luckily, my grandma (who was visiting from Iowa) had decided to accompany me, so she ended up holding an old towel in front of Joel the entire car ride there and wiping his vomit. It was disgusting to say the least!
So we got to the doctor relatively unscathed but a little shaken. Joel did great the entire appointment, so I thought that perhaps the sickness had passed. I was wrong!!! Turns out, he has rotavirus.....and four days later, we're still dealing with it!!!! I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that I hope this is the only time we'll ever have to deal with this sickness. I just hope it goes away soon....there's nothing quite as pathetic as a sick two-year-old. So far, Nora has stayed away from it, so I hope we're in the clear there. This has been quite a week/weekend!
Anyway, on a lighter note, here are the kids' stats from their appointments:
Joel: 30 lbs. (75th percentile) and 35 inches (70th percentile)
Nora: 10 lbs. 13 oz. (30th percentile) and 23 1/2 inches (50th percentile)
Both kids are growing like weeds! Nora, though she is little, has gained four pounds since birth and grown more than five inches. And Joel, though he hasn't gained any weight, has grown five inches in six months. Time for longer pants!
Here's a picture of Nora on her two-month birthday:
And here's another cute one for good measure:
And here's a picture of Nora and her friend, Micah Guernsey, who just moved in two doors down from us with his parents Caleb and Sara. Nora was born just 10 days after Micah, and they're already fast friends. We are so thankful to have such great neighbors!
And despite his illness, this picture pretty much sums up the mood Joel is in these days. Ah, two-year-olds......he keeps me on my toes, but I wouldn't change it for the world!
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment