Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My Little Early Riser

So by precious little baby Joel, who used to sleep until 7 or 7:30 each morning, has started waking up earlier and earlier...the other day, however, Joel decided that 5 a.m. was a great time to wake up for the day. This is just not okay, especially since Baby Girl had kept me up all night kicking and rolling around. Come 5 a.m., I had already given up on sleep for the night, so I gave in to Joel's idea and got up early with him. But here's the funny thing....when I went into his room to get him, he decided to inform me that there was a fly (a "bly") in his room. After searching and searching, I found no fly. I tried to convince him that there was no fly in the room, but he insisted, following closely with "Mama, downstairs." Ah-ha. The little squirt tricked me by telling me there was a fly in his room so he needed to go downstairs. I think I just witnessed my sweet baby telling his first lie. I suppose my next challenge is teaching a 20-month-old to be truthful...and to sleep past daybreak.

Here's a great shot of Joel's "Who, me?" face. I saw this face after the fly lie came pouring out. He's so sneaky!

No comments:

Post a Comment