Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Yankee Doodle Boy

On July 4th, Joel enjoyed being part of a Bethany, Mo. tradition, the Hogan 4th of July Parade. It was kind of a last-minute decision to put a "float" in the parade, which runs right in front of our house, so forgive the sparsely decorated John Deere Gator that Joel drove with Uncle Logan and Daddy. Anything goes in this parade!


Joel definitely loved riding in the parade, but he took his job very seriously. As the "float" drove by, I tried to get him to smile at me and wave, but he was all business. He kept his hands on the wheel and never cracked a smile! 

Here's a family picture of the three (or I guess four) of us before the parade.


Really, I don't the parade itself had anything to do with Joel enjoying himself. Rather, it was the lawnmower-type apparatus that he rode on. This kid LOVES lawnmowers, and I mean he LOVES them. If he so much as hears a lawnmower outside, he's at the window, nose to the glass waiting to see where the noise is coming from and if he could hitch a ride. Here he is mowing our lawn: 

And here is Joel sitting on his favorite mower of all, Grandpa Kelly's tractor: 

2 comments:

  1. cute pics, kalsey! and MAJOR, MAJOR props for the title. i lol'ed so hard...it's excellent. looking forward to more posts! my blog has suffered this summer, but you should check it out as i'm hoping to start posting frequently again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the McCall blog! And I agree with Jen--the title is priceless!

    ReplyDelete