Monday, September 13, 2010

"Fair" Game

Labor Day weekend brought about the annual Northwest Missouri State Fair. This year, Joel was old enough to ride some of the rides, so on Wednesday (opening) night, we took Joel and Nora out the the fairgrounds to get the first dose of the fair festivities. Joel had a blast riding rides with his friend Lucy (who was also born in February 2008). Someday these pictures will come in very handy for the senior slide show at graduation!
Joel also got to go to the demolition derby on Monday afternoon with Daddy and his friend Bradley and Bradley's daddy, Scott. He had so much fun that he is still talking about the "cars crashing into each other at the pear" ("fair"-Joel for some reason uses the "p" sound for the "f" sound....result: he eats his "pood" and puts his shoes on his "put").

Nora got her share of fair time in too, when I entered her in the baby show. The little sweetheart did not win, but she hammed it up for the judges anyway. How could this cute little baby not win????? I just don't understand what they were thinking! Of course, I am a little bias! I think we're done with the baby show circuit...

No comments:

Post a Comment