Tuesday, July 6, 2010

More Joel-isms

Joel continues to amaze me with his conversation and problem-solving skills. The way this kid puts things together and thinks critically is just unbelievable! For instance, today, we were at the grocery store and he looks at me as I pick up bananas to put them in the cart and says, "Where to bananas come from?" I reply, "Bananas come from the banana tree." Joel then retorts, "No, Mommy. I harvest bananas with the banana head on my combine." Seriously? Wow. Then, we get in the car and he has a sucker in his hand that he got at the checkout. He says to me, "Why do suckers taste yummy?" I reply, "Because they taste like mangoes (the flavor he picked out)." He says, "No, it's because the sugar." What???? What two-year-old knows that?

Joel also knows his birthday as well as mine and Nora's. We're working on Daddy's. He is such a smart, cute kid, and we love him so much!
By the way, Joel is apparently part fish as well....he's been swimming a lot lately, and he even swims by himself (with water wings on) in the 10-foot at the Country Club pool. He amazes me! And he's great at floating, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment