Friday was also South Harrison's homecoming, so I took Joel to the parade. He really enjoyed watching the band, especially, and he loved waving to all the kids. It's crazy to think that someday he'll be a Bulldog, too!
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Happy Fall!
Thank goodness fall is here! Recently, Joel and I have been working hard preparing for the autumn season and enjoying all the things this cooler weather brings. One morning we drove out to an Amish farm west of Bethany and purchased a few mums. The mums were absolutely beautiful, and Joel was a big help picking them out. He really enjoyed seeing all the horses and cows in the country and even liked the little field mice scampering through the mum garden. Here's a funny, but somewhat embarrassing, story. When we went to the farm, we had to pick up the young Amish girl from the country store and drive her down to the garden so she could dig up our mums. Of course, Amish people don't have the best hygiene, so she didn't really smell shower-fresh, to say the least. When she got in the car with her shovel, Joel started sniffing very loudly, which led the Amish girl to ask if he had allergies. What was I supposed to say????"No, he doesn't have allergies; he just thinks you stink...." I just laughed and replied that I didn't know and left it at that. Kids say/do the darndest things! Here are a couple good shots of Joel picking out his mums. Don't mind the pajamas and Crocs. That's just how we roll!
On Friday, I took Joel to pick out a few pumpkins for our front steps. He liked it so much that I think we'll have to take him to a real pumpkin patch sometime soon for a day trip. Does anyone know of any good ones around here?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment